MGM Fairs © 1988 -
A Miniature Showcase
General Risks and Precautions
General Risks and Precautions
1. Multiple users coming to the Fairs
2. Too many people at any one time
3. The need to provide distancing measures
4. The need for enhanced cleaning
5. The need for hand sanitizing stations
6. Signage to remind people of the risks, the one-
7. PPE requirements to cut the risk of passing on infection
8. Measures required for track and trace
9. Measures needed to use the kitchen facilities at the venues
1. User groups identified for each fair fall into three main categories.
a. MGM and venue staff
b. Traders attending to sell merchandise
c. Customers attending to purchase merchandise.
2. Depending on the fair venue, Fair Reception will either be set up in the foyer
or in the main fair room. All staff will wear face coverings and/or gloves. We
shall promote contactless payment of the fair admission charges in minimize money
MGM Fair reception staff :
a. will be monitoring the number of customers attending, and the one-
b. restricting the number of customers entering the show rooms at any one time
c. limiting the numbers in the fair rooms in a measured entrance/exit ratio throughout the show day
d. we shall extend the opening hours of the show, to avoid undue congestion at the beginning of the day
e. we shall be creating a one-
f. removing all display and exhibition tables that would encourage customers to congregate or linger at the tables
g. limiting access to refreshments and seating areas to avoid customers congregating to minimize risk
h. all spare tables and chairs will be removed to comply with social distancing
3. Although each venue is different, we shall be limiting the number of traders attending
the shows and spreading out the trading tables in the show rooms to comply with the
social distancing regulations as set out by the current government guidelines. We
shall be limiting the customer numbers within the show room, which will be monitored
from the front desk.
4. We assume that the venue will take care of any enhanced cleaning measures to get the venue ready for our event, including cleaning the kitchen with antibacterial materials and also the door handles, light switches, hire tables and chairs that they will provide. We shall be supplying Antibacterial Wipes on fair reception for additional cleaning throughout the day by fair staff, with additional supplies available for traders should they need them.
5. Portable hand sanitizing units and extra antibacterial wipes have been purchased
and will be on fair reception and in the fair rooms ensuring that there is plenty
of opportunity for people to use this necessary equipment. Each trader will also
be responsible for their own individual antibacterial needs.
6. Internal signage to remind people of:
a. the 1-
b. Hand washing and sanitizing requirements,
c. that there will be a one-
d. No Mask – No Entry signs for customers attending
7. Gloves, masks and/or face coverings have been purchased for MGM Staff and will
be provided for all traders attending the show. Customers are being requested to
provide their own masks and face-
8. Customers attending will be asked to complete an adapted Free Prize Draw slip on arrival, to apply track and trace strategies, which may be needed for the government. These slips will be held at the MGM office, under the Data Protection Act criteria and kept on file for the required 21 days.
9. Use of the venue kitchens will only be used to provide light refreshments for the traders, with a maximum of 4 people allowed in, at any one time. Following advice from Environmental Health, users are advised to wear face shields and masks whilst working in the kitchen.
This risk assessment may be altered and updated as government requirements change. Any group or individual who does not adhere to the new guidelines as set out in this document may be asked to leave the fair.
Gail Tucker -